Why don't my items banks show up in either course as item banks? and How can I get those questions/items banks copied into my new SIS created canvas course?

Jump to solution
lperry3
Community Novice

I created a Canvas course under my school district instance that they assigned me. However, they just connected to SIS Aspire and that sent me new courses. I tried to copy my course I designed over to the new SIS created course and everything looks great except my assignments created in quizzes next and my item banks did not transfer. When I try to manage my item banks to bookmark them for transfer in my course I created it shows no item banks. I go into assignments and then quizzes next and create a quiz and click on Item banks and it shows all 15 of my item banks and the hundreds of questions I have created. Why don't my items banks show up in either course as item banks? and How can I get those questions/items banks copied into my new SIS created canvas course? All my courses are on my same school district instance. This is so frustrating. Please help. I am thinking there are directory issues somewhere within Canvas. Another issue I have is that my outcomes show up under my outcomes tab but when I try to attach an outcome to a rubric or quiz they don't exist either. Again frustrating. I attached my screen shots of my question banks that exist but yet don't exist. 

1 Solution

Hi  @lperry2 .  It really sounds as though the issue may relate to Canvas not recognizing that your new user account is the same as you old user account.  I am in no way an expert in how Google versus Microsoft IDs work in the feed of Canvas.  Have you tried to contact Canvas Support directly using one of the options in the question mark icon?  If not I would definitely do this.  They are great at being able to look at all the various data elements and figure out what may be going on.

New Quizzes does allow someone to share question banks with someone else (see How do I share an item bank in New Quizzes?).  Maybe if the old and new accounts are not connected fully there is a way that someone can go into the old account and share the question banks with your new account?  Just and idea that maybe Support could consider as well.

Please let us know how things go, but certainly contact Support!

All the best---

View solution in original post