Why won't Canvas grade book automatically calculate the grade percentage of an assignment when I input the point value?

Jump to solution
cweber3
Community Novice

Until this semester, Spring 2020, I could set an assignment to display the grade as either points or percentage. If I chose to display the grade as a percentage in the grade book, Canvas would automatically calculate the percent if I input the point value in the grade book. Canvas would calculate the percent based on the point value I set up in the assignment. Now this semester, when I enter the point value in the grade book expecting Canvas to calculate and display the percent value, the grade shows the point value as the percentage by simply adding a % symbol. I have to calculate every grade and enter the proper percent value. Why did Canvas remove this capability of calculating percentage?  

1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@cweber3  

There is an Enter Grades As option that you may not have set correctly.  The following guide provides directions

How do I enter grades for an individual assignment as a specific grading type in the Gradebook? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes