Why won't everything load on my mac book pro?

Jump to solution
erin_barr
Community Novice

My dashboard is just gray, flashing blocks and I can't get to my courses through there. I can get to my courses through the "courses" tab but when I try to go to different assignments, most of the them are blank. My discussions will load the discussion prompt but it won't let me see other people's responses or let me give a response. Everything loads fine on my phone, just not on my computer.

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

The flashing blocks on the dashboard has typically been a network connection issue with not everything getting through. However, Canvas pushed out a new release this weekend and sometimes there are issues with people getting parts of the new with parts of the old because of caching in the browser.

There has been an issue with Safari for Mac users who have not updated their operating system in a long time having problems. Those people with old operating systems are not able to get the latest version of Chrome and there were issues there as well.

I would recommend, in this order ...

1. Try it again before you do anything.
  2. Clear the cache on your browser and force a page reload to make sure there are no stale pieces of Canvas still in the browser's cache.
  3. See if there is an operating system update available for your Mac. This will upgrade Safari as well as the operating system.
  4. Contact Canvas Support as Bobby mentioned

You can try a different browser, before checking for an operating system upgrade, but if #3 is an issue, that may not help until you upgrade.

View solution in original post