accessibility for markers

Jump to solution
DamianParry
Community Member

I use text-to-speech (reading) software and TurnItIt seems to be reluctant to allow me to do this for marking (it also seems to have issue with dictation software for feedback).  Are there any work arounds?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Thanks, @Chris_Hofer !

@DamianParry , accessibility is definitely an issue worth contacting Turnitin about. They should absolutely be aware of any difficulties people are having as they leave feedback for students. For immediate purposes, I usually record a voice memo to provide feedback for my students, and voice feedback is a standard feature in Feedback Studio. Would that work for you?

I am also wondering what would happen if you used the Turnitin iPad app? Are there any accessibility features built-in to the iPad that would assist with the grading?

View solution in original post

DamianParry
Community Member
Author

Thats  to @Chris_Hofer  and @dhulsey so much for the rapid responses.  I will press on with contacting TurnItIn.  Voice memo feedback is an option, but from a survey some did this in a previous assessment and it was not very appreciated by the cohort. 

I will try to get hold of the school iPad  after the bank holiday and give it a whirl (mines too elderly now!)

As I say with close monitoring dictation does work to an extend, its trying to get the text read to me thats my goal.  

Huge thanks and will get on to TurnItIn.

View solution in original post