add person in group

Jump to solution
IngeborgFrantz
Community Member

Hei, 

I`m a canvas beginner. I made a group with 4 persons under a subject. How can I add 2 more persons from my course?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @IngeborgFrantz ...

If you are an instructor, you can create Group Sets and Groups via the "People" Page of your course.  For example, you could name a Group Set the same as an assignment name.  Then, within the Group Set, you could create groups of people (Blue Group, Green Group, Red Group, Purple Group, etc.).  You could assign people to each of these color groups.  Then, you could create another Group Set (again, based on a different assignment name) and then assign groups within that assignment.  You could create groups named after animals, for example, and then assign students to those groups...and students wouldn't have to be in the same groups they were in ... in the color groups.  In this way, you can add some variety to your course/assignments/groups.

There are several Guides here in the Community on Group Sets and Groups, and you can find all of that here: (3) Instructor Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  The key is to set up your Group Sets first...then add the groups within each Group Set.  Then you can determine how you want people to be assigned to those groups.

Hope this helps a bit.  Sing out if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes