can not access everything on canvas

Jump to solution
KeronWashington
Community Member

Hi, when I log into Canvas it only shows the account  dashboard, inbox,studio,  and help. It does shows the course, group or calendar. I cant access. How do i solve this issue because class starts soon!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @KeronWashington ...

Here are a handful of things you can try on your end to ensure that you are seeing your courses correctly in Canvas.

• Are you able to see the "Courses" icon on the far left-hand side global navigation bar?  If so, click on this icon and then select "All Courses".  Do you see your courses listed there?  They may be in an unpublished state...which means your instructors would need to publish those courses in order for you and your classmates to get access to them.  If you do not see your courses listed on the "All Courses" list, then you'd want to reach out to your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department to get assistance with this.
  • Make sure that you are using an up-to-date web browser.  You can check What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products? which has a browser check built right into this documentation.  Generally speaking, using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are great choices when navigating around the Canvas environment.
  • Try clearing your browser's cache/history.  After you do this, shut down your browser, re-start the browser, and then log back in to Canvas to see if anything has changed.
  • Reach out to Canvas Support.  They may have some other suggestions for you.

Hopefully one or more of these things might work for you.  Please keep us posted here in the Community.  Thanks much!  Good luck!

View solution in original post