clarification for a new canvas user

Jump to solution
21910294_mazen
Community Novice

I am a student who is new to the canvas platform, so i have little experience about it, as a result i decided to do research about the platform so i could better understand it. That's when I came across this statement on your website and i hope i get some clarification on it.

"Quiz details do not show due and availability dates in relation to the current time."

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hi Mazen,

I believe you are referring to a line on this page How do I make a quiz available before or after the due date?  .  I think what it is saying is that the quiz details gives literal due and availability times. So if the due date is June 6th at 5:00 pm that is what is says.  If you are looking at that page on June 6th at 4:30 pm, it does NOT say "the quiz is due in 30 minutes".  

It's actually kind of a weird distinction but I think the reason they say that is because if you are actively taking a quiz it will tell you how much time you have left, relative to when you started as explained in the bullet points below.  So the point is that course details show literal times, but while taking the quiz you information as it relates to the current time.

• For quizzes with a Due date, the browser displays a notification banner to let students know when the quiz will be marked late (30 minutes prior, 5 minutes prior, and 1 minute prior).
  • For quizzes that are close to autosubmitting (using an Until date or the natural course conclude date), the browser displays a notification banner to let students know when the quiz will autosubmit (30 minutes prior, 5 minutes prior, 1 minute prior, and 10 seconds prior).
  • For timed quizzes, the browser displays a notification banner if students are not able to complete the quiz in the full allotted time period. The quiz sidebar also displays a timer indicating how many minutes remain to complete the quiz. For example, if a 60-minute quiz has an Until date of 11:59 pm and a student begins the quiz at 11:30 pm, the student will only have 30 minutes to complete the quiz.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes