course self-enrollment url is not visible

Jump to solution
julian_ebeli
Community Participant

My course is not displaying the self-enrollment url.

It should be just under the 'fewer options' switch.

What is the cause of this? And what is the solution?

When I created the new course it was there, after I copied content into it, it was gone.

It is also not present in the source course.

I tried this trick https://canvas/api/v1/courses/[course_id]?include[]=self_enrollment_code.

It says: "self_enrollment_code": null

self-enrollment-url is missingself-enrollment-url is missing

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @julian_ebeli ...

According to the information in the blue box at the top of this Guide, if that option is not available in your course, you may need to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to have further discussions about this.  How do I enable course self-enrollment with a join code or secret URL?

Also, on your course "Settings" page, is there anything displayed in the "SIS ID" field?  If so, then your school may have set up the course to handle enrollments directly from your SIS (Student Information System) rather than via self-enrollment.  That would also be a conversation you'd want to have with your Canvas admin.  I *think* if you remove the text from this field, then the self-enrollment option would display.  But, again, you'd want to have some conversations with folks at your school before you try this option.

I hope this will help a bit.  Reach out to Community members if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post