cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgarrett5
Community Member

Fudge points not working in speed grader on quiz

I have search through the help topics and none of them are helping.  I've read the instructions for fudging points to change a quiz grade for a student, but even though it looks like I can do this in Speed Grader, when I hit "update score" it will not save.  The score is "greyed out" by the student's name (in speed grader).  Not sure if that is why and cannot change it.  This quiz closed awhile ago.  Does it need to be reopened?  

Not sure what to do but I have policy for those who took it late (online) - they should lose some points.  How do I reduce their score for submitting this quiz late?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PallaviJalakam
Community Participant

Hello,

I am 99.9% certain that you do not have to reopen the quiz. It took me a while to understand how Fudge Points work as I was troubleshooting the same a few days ago.

Here is what I did:

1. Open the Quiz in SpeedGrader.
  2. Enter Fudge Points.
  3. Click Update
  4. Refresh the page.

When you click the Update button after adjusting Fudge Points, The Results Updated message appears and the Final Score (above the Update button) is updated, but the actual score in the Grade field (right-hand side) does not get updated and is greyed out as you mentioned in your question.

You have to Refresh the page for the updated score to populate in the Grade field within the sidebar. I would also imagine that clicking the Update button after entering Fudge Points will reflect the updated score in real-time without having the need to Refresh the page. Not sure if this is deliberate or expected behavior, but, yes, it confuses me a bit for sure.

Hope future enhancements will fix this.

Hope this helps!

Pallavi