entering grades does not work

Jump to solution
BenjaminWand
Community Novice

I created assignments and tried to enter grades in the gradebook. It is impossible. I have spent 30 minutes trying to figure this out. The good news is that I will stick with my tried and true excel spreadsheet, since this "technology" clearly is not ready for use by a technologically savvy person like myself. Waste of time. Disappointing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@BenjaminWand -

It sounds like you have the assignment created, but not published.  Furthermore the gradebook is set to show unpublished assignments.  In this configuration, the assignments show up in the gradebook, but you cannot enter grades.  If an unpublished assignment shows in the gradebook  it probably looks like the test2 entry in the picture below.  Test 3 is a published assignment.  the - indicates that a grade can be entered.

Annotation 2022-09-21 152047.jpg

for information on publishing an assignment look at this instructors guide page
for information on viewing/not viewing unpublished assignments look at this instructors guide page

Here is a link to the overall instructors guide
If you want some videos, here is the page for several of them

I am sure you will find the instructors guide very useful in solving other issues you may have with using Canvas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @BenjaminWand ...

In addition to the information that you received from @Ron_Bowman, there were some issues today with the overall performance of Canvas.  You can read more about this by visiting their status page and looking at the "Past Incidents" section: Instructure Status.  I'm not sure if the issues you were experiencing were related to the issues in Canvas today...but they have now been resolved.

View solution in original post