first time taking online classes

Jump to solution
DominiqueCantee
Community Member

Hi my name is Dominique Canteen and this is my first time ever taking online classes so I am confused on what I am supposed to be doing first.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there...

Welcome to the Canvas Community website.  I am not sure if you realized this, but this particular website is not your course.  This is a global Community site for people that has all kinds of resources such as a place to ask questions, review written and video Canvas tutorials, suggest new ideas for Instructure (the company that makes Canvas) to possibly incorporate into the LMS (Learning Management System), collaborate with others, and much more.  If you have questions about taking a course within Canvas at your school or about any of the curriculum for your course, I would highly recommend that you first reach out to your instructor.  You can do this by checking out the instructions in this Guide to contact your instructor:

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Also, there are several short video tutorials that will give you some general guidance on how to use the Canvas LMS.

Video Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Then, if you want to take a deeper dive into how Canvas works, there are many other written tutorials you can look through here:

Canvas Student - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

I would highly recommend looking through the videos as well, but again, if you have course-specific questions, you'll definitely want to reach out to your instructor for those things.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post