taverna
Community Member

For some reason, I have grades that won't "stick". I grade the student then it reverts back to ungraded. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @taverna 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with grading assignments. It sounds like  you may be entering the grades manually within the grade book and hitting enter. After which, the grade reverts to the points that were there prior to your manual override? If that is the case and the assignment was graded in speedgrader, you should be able to go to speedgrader and either change the points there and update scores or if students resubmitted assignments, there is a "use this submission for regrading" option. However, if none of those apply, it may be best to get more details about what type of assignment or quiz. Additionally, it is always a good idea to clear your cache and cookies or try another browser if things aren't working as intended.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If you have more questions regarding this issue(s) please feel free to respond with descriptive information as to give us a clear insight into the problem.

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community

View solution in original post