DavidMykota
Community Member

Hello,

My files transferred to canvas from blackboard are in html. KI am having difficulty editing these files without losing the graphics etc embedded in the files. What is the preferred way of editing html files for use in Canvas that does not lose content. Using text edit as advised by Canvas doesn’t work so well as graphics are not retained.

Thank you
dm
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @DavidMykota ...

Thank you for the detail on your current setup and what you used to use in BB.  Have you tried coping and pasting the HTML from one of your pages into the HTML side of a Canvas content page?  How do I use the HTML view in the Rich Content Edi... - Instructure Community  If you upload your current HTML files into your Canvas course, there really isn't a way to edit those files online.  You'd have to use a separate software (Adobe Dreamweaver, for example) to edit the page offline, and then re-upload it to your course.  In my opinion, that's not idea.

While it may take you extra time up front, I would really recommend considering moving your content to content pages in Canvas.  Try pasting in the HTML from one of your pages into the HTML editor.  Then, if you had any images on that page, documents to link to, websites to link to, etc,  ... you would want to make those edits right within the Rich Content Editor.  I think you'll find that this will be a much easier route to go than using your existing HTML files.

Here' a short video tutorial on the RCE: Rich Content Editor - Instructure Community

Keep us posted on your progress ... or if you have more questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post