cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexaSalazar-Ca
Community Member

more pronoun options

Jump to solution

i feel that there should be more pronoun options like she/they he/they and added neo-pronouns 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @AlexaSalazar-Ca ...

This is a conversation that you would need to have with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  A Canvas administrator can add additional pronouns to the current options that you are able to select from.  Here is a Canvas administrator Guide that shows how your Canvas admin can add additional pronouns for all users at your school:

How do I enable personal pronouns in an account? - Canvas Community

I hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlexanderMadiso
Community Member

Hi 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @AlexaSalazar-Ca ...

This is a conversation that you would need to have with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  A Canvas administrator can add additional pronouns to the current options that you are able to select from.  Here is a Canvas administrator Guide that shows how your Canvas admin can add additional pronouns for all users at your school:

How do I enable personal pronouns in an account? - Canvas Community

I hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

ngugliucci
Community Member

It seems that this only lets the user select one set of pronouns. Some folks use multiple, as noted in the original post. Is there a way to allow users to choose more than one, rather than asking our admins to try and cover every possible combination as a separate entry? And/or, is there an option for one to type in their own pronouns the way that Zoom does?