Community Novice

im enrolled in the class but its not on my canvas

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @KaylaCraft ...

There could be a number of reasons why you don't have access to your course(s) yet.  Some are outlined in: Why can't I access my Course as a student? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).

You'll also want to check your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen in Canvas.  How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?  If you see your courses listed on the "All Courses" screen, they may not be "published" yet.  Your instructor(s) would have to "publish" the course so that you and your classmates can access the content.  Often, instructors do this on or near the official start date of the course.  So, you may have to wait until closer to the start date...if this applies in your case.  If you do not see your course(s) listed there, then you'll want to reach out to your school's Canvas administrator or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department.  Someone there should be able to help troubleshoot this more with you.  Many schools have an automatic process in place that sends enrollments from their SIS (Student Information System) into Canvas.  But, the timing on this varies from school to school.  This would also be something to investigate.

Hopefully someone from your school will be able to help you through all of this so you can start your coursework.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post