navigation tab is missing from Course Details

Jump to solution
JimmyHyde
Community Member

Hello,

I created four courses in Canvas that all used the same template.  However, three of the courses are missing the navigation tab found in Course Details, under Settings.

In the image below, there should be a Navigation tab between Sections and Apps.  Is there a way I can add that tab?  Please let me know what you think.

regards,

Jimmy

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JimmyHyde,

As a Canvas admin myself, I can tell you that there probably isn't anything you will be able to do on your own to get the navigation tab to appear.  It's likely not available in coms courses because of a permission your school/institution has decided not to give or custom css/javascript modification to whatever role you have in the course(s).  The permissions can vary by role and by Canvas subaccount (where the course "lives"), so things might look identical on your end but actually be different on the back end.  I'd reach you to your local Canvas team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) to discuss this issue and perhaps see if they'd be willing to adjust permissions.   My guess is that if they set things like this, it was to try to have cone consistency between courses in a certain area of your school/institution, but I may be way off on that.

Good luck on this one!

-Chris

View solution in original post