nick name / module tittle

Jump to solution
catherine_phill
Community Novice

Hi,

I am wondering how to use the 'Nick Name' tittle in canvas to sit alongside thE module tittle?

Thank you

Catherien

1 Solution

Hi  @catherine_phill ...

Thanks for posting your image.  I was confused as to what part of Canvas you were referring to.  It looks like Canvas administrators have chosen to re-name the "Courses" button in the global navigation menu to "Modules" (which presents a potential problem I'll describe later).  So, the screen shot you are looking at is the "All Courses" screen.  How do I view all my Canvas courses as an instructor?  The "nickname" feature, however, is something you can customize back on your Dashboard.  How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View Dashboard as an instructor? (See the section on "Create Nickname".)

Regarding the "Modules" button... there may be valid reasons why your school has chosen to re-name that button.  A couple challenges I see with that, however, are that any of the "Help" Guides located here in the Community reference the button "Courses".  So, that terminology can be more difficult to find when looking for either "courses" Guides or "Modules" Guides.  (See Canvas Instructor Guide - Table of Contents).  Another issue is that within a course, there is also a "Modules" course navigation button.  So, unless your Canvas administrators have also re-named that button, you'd have both a "Modules" button on your global navigation as well as a "Modules" course navigation button.  And, if the "Modules" course navigation button was re-named to something else, people would have to know to look in the "Modules" section of the Guides if they had any questions.  Again, I'm sure there were reasons for the re-naming of buttons, but it seems to me that could really add some challenges and confusion to the mix.

I hope this will be of help to you, Catherine.  Be well, and stay safe.

View solution in original post

0 Likes