"Include this assignment's grades when syncing to your school's Student Information System"

BadHairDay314
Community Member

Two ways to get there:

First:

Go into Lesson Plans.  Find a module.  Pick an assignment.  Open the assignment.  Edit the assignment.  There is a radio button that can be toggled on/off for the option "Include this assignment's grades when syncing to your school's Student Information System".  

Second:

Go into Assignments.  Open a folder.  Pick an assignment.  Right there to the right of the name of the assignment is a radio button that says "Sync to SIS enabled.  Click to disable" (or vice versa).

Clicking on either of those boxes reverses the state of "Sync to SIS".  

The person in charge of Canvas in my school is telling me I can't use the button in Assignments, because if I do then often the computer doesn't recognize the change.  I can only use the button in the Assignment itself.  

Is this true?

It has been a problem that Canvas does not retain the information that the user inputs via these buttons- I have seen that firsthand.  I had not noticed a pattern of "it does work here but not there."  

If this is true, then where can I post a report about a bug?  

If this is not true, then we have ongoing problems. 

Is there a place to report an ongoing not-yet-diagnosed problem with Canvas?  Something where I can post my issue and then tell other teachers who are experiencing the same issue to "report it here, where I have already posted it"?  I am hoping to find something where we can consolidate and start to grow a system for identifying and tracking problems in Canvas.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

BHD

0 Likes