"Only Once After Each Attempt"

Jump to solution
draglan
Community Novice

Hello, 

I am experimenting with letting students view the correct responses to their quizzes and exams. Historically I have not done this because my class is so large that it takes about a week to get everyone quizzed or tested and I want to mitigate answer sharing if I do not have time to formulate an alternative for the late takers. I am trying to figure out what the "Only once after each attempt" option allows students to see. I have read the forum post regarding this question but am unclear about the "definition" given. If this option is selected prior to the quiz opening, will students be able to see their responses AND the correct responses once after the attempt or will they only be able to see their responses only once? Also, if I select this option and select "Let students see the correct responses" will the two work together? For instance, will the students be able to see the correct answers only once after each attempt? Does muting the quiz/exam trump all of these options?

HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Debra,

The page at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10152-415241475 says:

As part of this option, you can restrict students view of the quiz results to Only Once After Each Attempt [5]. Students will only be able to view the results immediately after they have completed the quiz—results include both their responses and the correct answers.

So, if you select the "Let students see correct answers", that means that when students are able to see feedback, they will see correct answers as part of that feedback.  You call also limit that so that the answers aren't shown unless the student is looking at the feedback after (or before) a certain date.  You might do that so that students don't see correct answers until after the due date for the quiz, for instance.

The "Once after each attempt..." setting means that students will only see that feedback one time, immediately after they submit the attempt.  If you has the "...answers" option selected, that feedback will include correct answers, unless you also have date restrictions for the answers and the students are submitting the attempt outside those date restrictions.

Does that make sense?

Mike

View solution in original post