recover deleted assignment

Jump to solution
marina1
Community Novice

Hello,

I am an instructor.  I accidentally deleted an assignment.  The assignment included submissions from students.  Is it possible for me to recover the assignment and the link?

Thank you for any feedback!

6 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @marina1 ...

There is a way to recover items that you have deleted in your course.   @hollands  has written a great blog in the Canvas Admins group about how to do this (if you're not a member of that group, you might consider joining).  Here is a direct link to his blog: Undeleting things in Canvas.  Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

THANK YOU!    I really appreciate your response. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@marina1 ​,  @Chris_Hofer ​ has given you great advice. I'll add this in case anyone else comes across this question: If, for some reason, the steps in  @Robbie_Grant 's blog post don't work in your case, submit a help ticket to Canvas Help so they can work their awesome magic.

Thank you for this information Chris. I had accidentally deleted a group of a dozen assignments that all had multiple student submissions. They are all now back where they belong 🙂

The link you gave leads to this: The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again.