unthreading emails

Jump to solution
BarbaraBish
Community Member

I am a student and am having difficulty keeping track of emails. I would prefer the emails to be unthreaded, so each email is in sequence instead of grouped by recipient.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@BarbaraBish 

Messages in Canvas are already unthreaded, so your question is really about your email program.

How to unthread messages messages depends on the client you are using to read your email. There are lots of mail clients available, including apps on your device and online tools that run in the browser. A comprehensive answer is outside the scope of this Community, which supports Canvas. I'll address the two main email clients, but if you use something else, I would start with the settings menu and look for something like conversation, threaded, or individual. A browser search for something specific to your email client can also help.

Office 365 and Gmail both use the word "conversation" to mean threaded, so that's what you want to find and change.

• For Office 365, click on Messages > Conversations > Show each message separately. You can also go to View settings > Mail > Layout > Message organization > Show email as individual messages.
  • For GMail, click on Settings > Email threading and turn off Conversation view.

View solution in original post