e-portfolio deletion? remains active?

Jump to solution
MayraSaucedo
Community Novice

Hiya!

I'm a student working on completing an e-portfolio in Canvas, but I'll be switching home schools within the LACCD. Does anyone know if the e-portfolio I complete while enrolled in one school will remain on my canvas profile once my home school is changed within the district and I'm enrolled for classes at my new school? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
jmerlenbach2
Community Participant

Hi Mayra,

This is very dependent on how your district has their Canvas instance set up. In some districts, every school's Canvas instance is wholly separate, where as others share a single Canvas instance and each individual school is handled as a sub-account (like a folder of courses). I would recommend reaching out to an IT/Learning Technology staff member at your district to ask how your account is going to be handled in this case

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
greydon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @MayraSaucedo 

In addition to what @jmerlenbach2 mentioned, it is likely you'll keep access to it. As long as the school uses the same canvas instance (the site you are on is the same laccd canvas URL) then you'll keep all of it. However, to be safe you should ask your school if you will be using a different "instance" when you change schools. They should be able to let you know. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes