BookWidgets Integration with Free Teacher Account

Jump to solution
jadavey
Community Novice

I am using a Free Teacher Account as an individual rather than as part of an institution.

I'm trying to integrate BookWidgets into Canvas and have followed Bookwidget's tutorial. This directs the user to select "Bookwidgets" from the Submission Type: External Tool menu in Assignments; unfortunately, it is not available under this menu; nor, does it appear in the App Section under Settings.

One online source says: "Important! Your Canvas administrator has to enable BookWidgets before it will be available to you. Administrators can just send an email to info@bookwidgets.com, and the BookWidgets team will set them up."

As an individual, I do not have an administrator (or, presumably I am the administrator?).

Is Bookwidgets available to individuals using free teacher accounts; and, if so, how do you access it as/without an administrator?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @jadavey ...

Per the document  and especially the linked PDF file in that Guide with the "Canvas Course Comparison", the FFT environment does not allow you administrator access.  So, the BookWidgets integration may not work for your needs.  I've never used BookWidgets before, so I don't know their integration would allow it to be installed at a course level (which is what would be needed in your course) vs. at the account level (which paid Canvas accounts have).  You'll probably need to reach out to the folks who created BookWidgets to ask more questions.

I hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes