Is "course pacing" available to us teachers with free accounts?

Jump to solution
IagoParis
Community Member

A sales agent told me I can make self-paced courses (like MOOCs, with due dates dependent on student enrolment date) using the free canvas account. But I can't find "course pacing" in my course settings, as stated in the documentation. My "institution" has to activate it. But in the case of a free account, isn't Canvas the institution?

So, can I use course pacing? If yes, how?

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
DgmeInsider
Community Novice

@IagoParis wrote:

A sales agent told me I can make self-paced courses (like MOOCs, with due dates dependent on student enrolment date) using the free canvas account. But I can't find "course pacing" in my course settings, as stated in the documentation. My "institution" has to activate it. But in the case of a free account, isn't Canvas the institution?

So, can I use course pacing? If yes, how?

With a free Canvas account, the "course pacing" feature is not available by default. This feature, which allows you to set up self-paced courses with dynamic due dates based on student enrollment, typically requires activation by the institution managing the Canvas account. Since free Canvas accounts don't have an institutional admin to enable it, you won't have access to this feature. However, you can still manually create self-paced courses by setting assignments without due dates or using modules to guide student progress, though it won’t offer automatic pacing tied to enrollment.

View solution in original post