cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Canvas Studio Quiz limit repeat attempts

Jump to solution

I just started using the video-based quizzes with Canvas Studio. I added a quiz to a video that I added to Canvas Studio. I launched this for students to take, but now I found that they can just keep retaking the quiz until they get 100%. Any way to prevent this?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Lamplighter II

If you add the video to assignment page as external tool, you can set an due date and Until date. Once the until date passes, students will not have access to the video or quiz that is embedded. See the guide below for instructions on how to setup the assignment. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Lamplighter II

If you add the video to assignment page as external tool, you can set an due date and Until date. Once the until date passes, students will not have access to the video or quiz that is embedded. See the guide below for instructions on how to setup the assignment. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

But students can take this as many times as they want until the "due date" so that it does not prevent them from just taking the quiz again and again until they get 100%. Yes, it prevents them from taking it after the due date, but if they can just keep taking the quiz over and over before the due date, it defeats the entire purpose of a quiz. This also does not align with the regular quizzes in Canvas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I agree that this is an issue. You may want to comment on this feature idea. 

Studio Video Quiz as a Timed Single Attempt Quiz

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This is very disappointing.  I was so hoping that Studio quizzes would encourage my students to watch the videos I post, so I was quite generous in the points I was allowing for the embedded quiz questions.  But now that is not possible as students can repeat the quiz AFTER they have the correct answers.  

So then I decided to embed the videos into Canvas quizzes where I could limit the number of attempts, but then students can go right to the quiz and avoid watching the videos.

Either Studio or Canvas could remedy this if we were allowed to limit attempts on the Studio Quiz, OR we could control when the correct answers are released. 

I want the Quizzes to remain available for students to review, so the cutting off availability, for me, is not an answer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I used the External Tools setting when setting up the assignment in Canvas.  I set the attempts to 1.  I have only had one student take the Studio Quiz so far, and he took it twice.  Given what I need the students to do, I think I will allow that.  But it doesn't seem like the 'submission attempts' option is working, either.  I think the only recourse is to go to the Quiz results in studio and choose the higher of the two scores or the first score (whichever you choose).

0 Kudos