Ability for Students using Student App to view Assignment details via the Module after availability

0 Likes
I'm posting this idea on behalf of one of our teachers.  At our elementary and middle schools, students use iPads and thus the Student App; sometimes the experience on the Student App is different than on the browser.  Here is one example.

Teachers would like for students using the Student App to be able to view Assignment details via the Module after the availability dates has passed so that it matches the same experience as on the browser.

The teacher has set an Until date on assignments for which he doesn’t want to accept submissions after a certain date (usually the end of the unit). When he does this, students can’t open the assignment via the Module anymore, but they can via Grades. He still wants them to see assignment details, their submissions and comments, but because it’s locked via the module (on the Student App) most assume they can’t access it anymore. This is not how it worked last year.

On the Student App, via the module, the assignment will be grayed out and students cannot click to view them. This is not how it behaves in the browser.  Also, this is not how it behaved in prior years (his students used to be able to view assignment details of assignments past their Until date via Modules on the Student app). 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (3)
6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

jozsefdavid
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,
can you please give us a bit more detail? I might misunderstood, but when I tried today, it worked the way you wanted. Let me add a screenshot here. Please help me what did I miss?File (13).jpg

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Hildi_Pardo - I'm just returning to this thread to see how things are going. I know you're also working with Support. If you're able to provide an update for Jozsef and the mobile team, that would be helpful. 

Hildi_Pardo
Community Coach
Community Coach
Author

Hi all, 

I had been able to replicate what the teacher was describing.  But he just message me to say:  

"Good news, this appears to be fixed in the 6.14.2 version in the app catalog. I can now open a locked assignment through modules on the iPad app."

Thank you!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for your ongoing collaboration @Hildi_Pardo! 🐼