Allow the reuse of global announcements.

0 Likes
(3)

We reuse various announcements each year.  Examples include reminders to file financial aid, holidays, and breaks.  Currently I can save those announcements, but I cannot change the visibility dates.  Instead, I must recreate the announcement each year.  I recommend adding the ability to modify not only the content, but the visibility dates.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

joni
Community Explorer

I want to be able to simply copy a previous announcement and set a new date on it. OR, when editing the previous announcement, allow the ability to set a new date for it to go out again.

We were using announcements to send info about spirit days and I was shocked to find that I couldn't just edit the last one, change a link and a few words, and just reset the announcement's date... I had to create a whole new one. Yes I can just copy/paste the text into the new one, but that gets cluttered very quickly and it seems like something that could easily be built-in. 

I would also support better organization of the Global Announcements page so that we can see the currently active vs previous or archived announcements. It seems a bit odd to me that the previous announcements are all saved, but they can really only be looked at or deleted and not re-used. 

dawng
Community Explorer

I opened a suggestion for this a while back and agree that it's odd that the announcements are saved, but are not reusable.

It would be helpful to be able to set new dates and to modify existing announcements.  There are a number of announcements each year for holidays, reminders, and outage notices that could be reused.   

slbergh
Community Participant

I would also like to be able to toggle the visibility on and off. I teach the same courses each semester, so I import my course content into the new shell each time. Some of my announcements are ones I use every time, so it would be great to be able to quickly turn them off until needed (such as those for later in the semester).

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.