cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow the reuse of global announcements.

Allow the reuse of global announcements.

0 Kudos
(2)

We reuse various announcements each year.  Examples include reminders to file financial aid, holidays, and breaks.  Currently I can save those announcements, but I cannot change the visibility dates.  Instead, I must recreate the announcement each year.  I recommend adding the ability to modify not only the content, but the visibility dates.

3 Comments
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

Surveyor II

I want to be able to simply copy a previous announcement and set a new date on it. OR, when editing the previous announcement, allow the ability to set a new date for it to go out again.

We were using announcements to send info about spirit days and I was shocked to find that I couldn't just edit the last one, change a link and a few words, and just reset the announcement's date... I had to create a whole new one. Yes I can just copy/paste the text into the new one, but that gets cluttered very quickly and it seems like something that could easily be built-in. 

I would also support better organization of the Global Announcements page so that we can see the currently active vs previous or archived announcements. It seems a bit odd to me that the previous announcements are all saved, but they can really only be looked at or deleted and not re-used. 

Surveyor

I opened a suggestion for this a while back and agree that it's odd that the announcements are saved, but are not reusable.

It would be helpful to be able to set new dates and to modify existing announcements.  There are a number of announcements each year for holidays, reminders, and outage notices that could be reused.