Collaborations: Add Google Slides

(1)
Is there any way that we could add the other google drive products to collaborations? It would be so nice to have students collaborate on google slides.  It would really simplify some of my in class projects.
10 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

85738_pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_0.png

Thank you for your Feature Idea submission. We wanted to call your attention to   which was submitted in a different voting period, but archived due to lack of votes or inadequate response. You may want to reference this idea for any insight.

Your idea will be open for vote in the next voting cycle.

In the meantime, help your idea gain traction by posting a link to this idea in the comments of the other, archived idea (which will notify author and anyone who is following the idea) and share your idea to colleagues and peers who you think would be supporters, as well.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. February 3, 2016 - Wed. May 4, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

kdscholl
Community Novice

Really any moves towards a fuller/more complete Google integration would be nice.

jomontuori
Community Contributor

I had been meaning to ask for this and other Google integrations to Canvas Collaborations. Would it be possible to "simply" (ha, ha) add all Google Drive tools (sheets, drawings, etc.) to Collaborations?

hpalmersheim
Community Novice

For those of our districts that don't use Google we need a balance with the Office 365 products integration.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea was moved from Under Consideration stage (no longer in use) to the Product Radar stage.  

This change was made as part of a feature idea process evolution.  Find more information, and contribute insights, by joining Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

bbeason
Community Novice

In addition to Google Slides, I would like to add Google sheets so it's easy for students to insert tables/spreadsheets. Right now all the only option is Google Docs. So they will create Google slides or sheets outside of Canvas and share with me - I really don't want to have 100s of invites for Google files - I would really like everything to be done through Collaborations in Canvas.

aod
Community Member

O365 PPT through Canvas Collaborations has not worked properly for 15/15 of my students, creating a total disaster in my course. PPT is phasing out for slide decks in many organizations because it is a huge time consumer and does not work well for collaborations through Sharepoint/O365.

Google Slides works perfectly, but does not yet integrate in Canvas Collaborations- Please prioritize adding Google Slides, to support students and instructors using Canvas!

With no integration of GSlides, in Collaborations, Canvas is rendered its Collaborations feature obsolete at a time when this feature is more essential than ever before.

Since Canvas has been unable to support the problem every student in my course is having with the Canvas integration of O365, Canvas Collaborations can no longer be used at all within my course on Technology for Instruction. 

It would be nice if Canvas worked on integrating this functional tool to provide a better option for instructors and students. Until Google Slides in integrated in Canvas Collaborations, the only way to create student success is by avoiding Canvas entirely for assignments designed within a Canvas course. This is a total disaster for my students and the course, and totally undermines the already limited confidence in Canvas across the technology instructors and technology support teams on our campus.

When will Google Slides be integrated into Canvas Collaborations?
ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.