Color Code the Gradebook based on certain criteria

0 Likes
(4)

Please add a feature to the Gradebook where users/faculty can color code the gradebook based on criteria that they set (set rules). yes you have the new analytics tool but this would be very helpful to have in the gradebook as well.  Students at risk can be easily identified as soon as you click on the grades area.

In addition to this, pls allow users/faculty to select multiple student names with certain criteria/color from the gradebook and send an email - all at once. this way we can intervene easily. 

For example, I can easily send students whose scores are in Yellow color at once (students who scored C or less on an assignment or their average is C or below)....

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wsaleh ...

It appears that you've got two separate suggestions going on here...one for color coding, and one for selecting multiple student names.  I'd recommend that you separate them out each into their own Feature Idea...so that people know what they are potentially giving a high star rating for.  Some folks might like one of your suggestions but not the other...and using the star rating system wouldn't identify which of your ideas was being rated.  Also check out these Guides:

Hope this helps.

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @wsaleh,

Like @Chris_Hofer mentioned, this idea will need to be submitted as two separate ideas before either can be opened for conversation and rating. Because of that, I've placed your idea in a moderating status. 

Naomi

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @wsaleh -

I'm checking in! I hope you are doing well.

If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 22, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

wsaleh
Community Explorer
Author

Good morning,

just to let you know that I submitted this as 2 ideas. Thx.