cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an UNDO button in Content Editor

Create an UNDO button in Content Editor

I know that this request has been archived.  However, I would like to resubmit this request.  Having an undo button adds to the ease of use and familiarity among programs/platforms.  Ctrl-Z is an option, but not all users (including students) are familiar with this option.  When you change the formatting on a page and you decide you don't like it, it would be nice to have a simple icon that can lead you to go back for a do-over.
37 Comments
Community Team
Community Team

85738_pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_0.png

Thank you for your Feature Idea submission. We wanted to call your attention to   which was submitted in a different voting period, but archived due to lack of votes or inadequate response. You may want to reference this idea for any insight.

Your idea will be open for vote in the next voting cycle.

In the meantime, help your idea gain traction by posting a link to this idea in the comments of the other, archived idea (which will notify author and anyone who is following the idea) and share your idea to colleagues and peers who you think would be supporters, as well.

Community Team
Community Team

I would undoubtedly take advantage of an Undo button in the RCE every time I create content (which is often) and I'm sure students would appreciate this feature.

Community Coach
Community Coach

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. March 2, 2016 - Wed. June 1, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

Community Member

I completely agree with the need for this atomlinson@crsd.org. There is actually a menu bar that includes Undo in the Content Editor but you need to know to press Alt F9 to view the menu bar - which as stated above many users do not know the keyboard shortcuts..

Surveyor

Wow! That is incredibly helpful! Thanks for showing me that!

Community Member

You're welcome. It's a gem.

Community Member

I did not know that either!  That's great! 

In case it's helpful to anyone:  I had to experiment a little to get it to work.  I ended up needing to click somewhere in the editing box and then hold down FN + ALT + F9 to get the menu.  That was in Chrome. 

Maybe the FN button should have been understood, but I had to think about it.  🙂

Community Member

I was thrilled when I discovered this, so I'm happy to share.

The FN button must be necessary on a Mac. I'm on a PC and and from within the editing box simply Alt F9 works.

Community Team
Community Team

...I ended up needing to click somewhere in the editing box...

That's the step I've been missing! It (click-in-editing-box-Alt-F9) works like a charm in Firefox on a Windows 7 PC, thanks!

Community Member

Interesting!  I was on a laptop PC.  I just tried it on my desktop PC and did not need the FN button.