Delay Publishing of Assignments and Files

0 Likes
(1)

In WyoCourses there is an option to delay the publishing of an “Announcement” until a specific date and time, and instructors have found this option very helpful when developing their courses.  They have suggested that it would be helpful if that option was available for “Assignments”
and items in “Files”, to schedule the publishing of these items.

6 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi!

I did a little searching, and I feel that Delay assignment visibility without the message that says not available until... is very closely related to this request. If you agree, please let the Community know! We can merge the ideas so the discussions around the same functionality occur in the same place. If not, we can work together to make sure your requests stands independently!

I look forward to collaborating with you! 🐼

MegS
Community Member

Hi Kristin, yes I agree these topics are related.

I am also very interested in being able to have 2 due dates for discussions, so I can stipulate a participation date ahead of the weekly deadline. So far, it's impossible, at least on the version of Canvas I am using. I see the ability to add another date while in edit, but the dates revert to the same each time.

Students look at the To Do list when they log in and see the weekly deadline only.

Maybe this is not as related to the above topics after all.

Thanks!

Meg

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @MegS -- There is an idea open for multiple due dates for discussions. I hope you find the discussion there helpful too.  Multiple Due Dates (checkpoints) for Discussions - Instructure Community  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

DanaHarrington
Community Member
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived