In Modules, Selecting "Edit" Should Allow You to Edit the Due Date

0 Likes
(4)

It's extremely annoying that shifting assignments in a module to accommodate for unknowns means I have to manually click on each changed assignment, then click edit, then edit the date, then save. Waste of TIME!!! To those three dots, add an edit assignment due date feature, please!!!!

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kcg
Community Explorer

Agreed.  I've just spent twenty minutes adjusting due dates on my own modules I've imported through Commons.

breklis
Community Participant

Please allow instructors to adjust due dates from the Modules page with few clicks.  Currently, instructors need to click on the assignment included in the module, then edit to adjust the due date.  This is not efficient.  If instructors could adjust the due date by clicking "edit" from the three dots just like editing the title of module content, this would be much more streamlined.

MildredPayseur
Community Member

I would like a way to change an assignment view and due dates from the Modules page without opening and editing the assignment.

MildredPayseur
Community Member

Yes, please!!!  The biggest complaint I get from teachers at my school is that Canvas takes so many clicks.  This would be a great way to lessen that.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.