Include custom drop-down list when grading assignments with custom grading schemes

I often make custom grading schemes when using the letter grade option in assignments. For example, I use checkmarks (✔-, ✔, ✔+) or words (excellent, average, needs improvement). Creating the schemes is fine. However, when I actually grade the assignment, I have to remember the exact wording and use of capital letters, or copy/paste the exact same checkmark or the grade won't register. It would be nice if custom grading schemes appeared as a drop-down list, so I can just select the appropriate one. This is already done in the standard "complete/incomplete" grading option. Can we get it for custom letter grade schemes as well? I use many assignments that are intended to encourage practice and mastery, and to give the opportunity for feedback, but are not included in the final score for the course.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for your idea submission,  @molly ​. This idea will be open for vote during the next voting cycle (October). Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is now open for voting!

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

152454_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Given the lack of backing and recent comments on this Idea, this is not high enough a priority to be considered. This request will be archived.