Mirror Instructor's Assignment Organization on Student's Assignment Page

0 Likes

I spend a good bit of time trying to keep Assignments organized in various categories and groups to help students/parents. 

But, the way assignments are organized on my end are not mirrored in student accounts.  Their assignments are still sorted using default groupings: Past Assignments and Upcoming Assignments and Undated Assignments.  These groupings just don't match up with what I'm doing in class. 

Can you set up a course so that my assignment organization groups are mirrored in the student assignment pages? Thanks!

4 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @MarcellaEllis,

If you use Modules, you can organize content including assignments, pages, quizzes in a single place and students will see things organized the same in their Modules page (however, they won't see items that haven't been published or assigned to them). With modules you can also include text headers, assign prerequisite tasks, etc.

I know that's not exactly what you were asking for, but does that solve for what you're hoping to see in Canvas? Or would you like to move this idea forward? 

Naomi

RobDitto
Community Champion

@MarcellaEllis, to @Naomi's suggestion I want to add that a mirrored organization is available to students with a single click of the VIEW BY TYPE button on the Assignments list:

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

@RobDitto,

Oh perfect! Thanks for sharing that!

Naomi

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived