New features in the Moderate Tab in New Quizzes

0 Likes
(2)
Hey all,

I love the new quiz creation features.  But when trying to grade in the moderate tab, there's a lot to be desired.  If any of these features are in the system, please let me know where I missed them.

1. I would like a way to change the order of the students, like by last name or by first name, or by submitted/unsubmitted.

2. I would like to be able to see their points in the moderate tab, not just their percentage.  I have to go into each quiz in order to see their raw scores.

3. I would like to be able to export the scores to an excel spread sheet so I can run my own filters and searches.

4. In the drop down menu next to the search bar, I would like there to be an option for viewing all the kids that have not attempted at all yet.

Thanks, for reading this. 

Stephen Jensen

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@sjensen4 

Thank you for sharing these ideas. The Idea Conversations forum accommodates discussion prompts that are focused on a single request for an enhancement to an existing feature. As such, we cannot move your idea forward for additional discussion, because our members would not be able to rate only one or two but not the other two, and our product teams would not be able to assess sentiment for each individual one. How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? provides guidance on writing ideas in this fashion.

In addition, some of the suggestions you've made are already the topic of focused conversations elsewhere. For example, the first one is covered in New Quizzes: Sort Moderate Quiz - Canvas Community .

After reading the documentation that gives guidance for writing an idea submission, please search this forum for existing ideas to support before creating the others as individual prompts. 

Thanks.

sjensen4
Community Member

Hey Stefanie,

But that one was archived.  I understand wanting separate messages.  But these seem like logical industry standard features that might not get traction in this kind of forum format because they aren't very exciting.

Almost everything else in Canvas makes so much logical sense, but the moderate options are seriously lacking.  Are you at least able to tell me if someone is currently working on making this feature better?  Is there some other way to get this information up? 

Or is the only way for an idea to reach developers this popularity contest?

Sorry if I seem a bit short.  I know you're not to blame.  I've just been trying to grade some quizzes, and what should have taken 10 minutes has turned into an hour and a half...

Thanks,

Stephen

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@sjensen4 

Stephen, my apologies! I didn't immediately notice that the idea to which I linked you is archived, so I'm sorry for adding to your frustration.

This forum is expressly designed to facilitate conversation around singular requests—and critically, the rating of an idea is not necessarily the determining factor; reading numerous problem statements and use case examples under each thread is of far greater value and more influential to our product team.

That said, this forum is only one of many sources from which our developers draw guidance in the prioritization process. For more information about the sources Instructure uses to gather user feedback about Canvas, please read through What is the feature development process for Instructure products?. The product team is currently in the process of finalizing the 2021 development timeline for all of Canvas, including New Quizzes, so your best course of action would be to bring these to the attention of the Canvas admin for your school; the admin holds regular conversations with your school's Customer Success Manager and can bring your concerns to the fore.

Thanks for your understanding. We truly appreciate it.

sjensen4
Community Member

Hey Stefanie,

Thanks for your response.  That makes a lot of sense.  I'll forward this on to my admin team.  I actually emailed them in my frustration as well. 🙂  Thanks for you help, and I hope you have a good Halloween if you celebrate it. 🙂

Stephen

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

You're welcome, Stephen. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and thanks for your understanding. We'll close comments on this idea to allow individual ideas to get focused attention and traction.