cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Studio to Create Feedback in Speedgrader

Use Studio to Create Feedback in Speedgrader

(9)

Integrating Studio with Speedgrader would improve the user experience and enhance learning. Narrating feedback while showing student work is incredibly impactful, but the media recorder in Speedgrader does not allow screencapture. I

ntegrating Studio with Speedgrader would facilitate creating meaningful feedback for students, and it would allow teachers to create "microlessons" that they could include with assignment feedback. I can copy and paste the links to videos into the comments, but it does not create a true link, so students have to copy and paste into their address bar to access video feedback. The whole user experience could be enhanced by integrating Studio. 

11 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@LeneW-P ‌, thanks for sharing this idea. We've opened it for voting as a companion idea to https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3986-screen-capture-with-audio-as-a-comment-option" modifiedti..., which is not specific to Studio.

carrie_madden
Community Member

For schools using Studio, it would be ideal to allow them to leverage its power for remediation or extension by adding this as a feedback option in Speedgrader.  Having it's use only in pages or as assignments is neglecting the power of this tool for student growth mindset with feedback.

CatePB
Community Member

This would change my marking life. We only just got Studio and I was excited that this may have been an option. Sad that I still have to do it separately.

orra5
Community Participant

This would make my team be able to grade more easily.

MvonM
Community Member

The ability to use studio in Speedgrader Feedback would be beneficial to students and teachers alike. It would allow for a higher quality of feedback video using, for example, screen share in studio. It would also allow the feedback process to be more efficient for the instructor. 

lhughes
Community Participant

Badly needed feature! 

ellisonl15
Community Participant

Please do this! In addition to the things the original poster said, it will also allow students to ask questions about particular parts of the feedback.

I've created a feedback video for an assignment and have shared the link with the students in the video feedback, but they can't respond to shared with a link the way they can regular Studio videos. It was disappointing to see that the video option in Assignment Feedback was so incomplete. 

lhughes
Community Participant

I'll add support for this idea (I posted the same question in another thread some time ago).  

jarryb
Community Member

Agreed! The screen capture feature here would be so helpful for showing/discussing student work, much more so than just the webcam.

fbrenner
Community Member

This would be a great feature.  It would make the feedback so much more useful for students if I could explain something while I shared my screen with them.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

PLEASE!! This would make it a LOT easier to provide feedback to my students when grading! Right now my process is that I'll be in Speedgrader and want to make a video showing/explaining something to a student. I have to go to another tab to open Studio, get it ready, make the video, let it finish, then get the link and copy it into the comment box. This is a lot of steps and often I'll just type out what I want to say because it's too much of a hassle to make the video. Yet, I know students would really benefit from the video!! 

About Idea Conversations
In the Canvas Community Ideas space, you can share, converse, and rate idea conversations related to software improvements to Canvas products.