cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Account Details (Enrollments)

User Account Details (Enrollments)

0 Kudos
(1)

A better way to organize course enrollments, current courses on top instead of by alphabetical order or a drop-down menu by term. 

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Sylvia_Ami
Community Member

Is this Feature Idea still active @Stef_retired ? If so, I’d like to add my feedback to the idea by @carriedickson .

On the User Details page, in the Enrollments section, the display window is so short, I can only see two or three courses. It is very cumbersome to find courses for a user in a specific term, role type, start date, subaccount, etc. What I’d like to know is:

• Is this a problem for you?
  • Has anyone created a customized tool to view, sort, and filter a user’s enrollment?

The University of Wisconsin created a tool for Canvas admins to see a list of a user’s enrollments - look at step #5. This is very similar to what I’m looking for. In addition to the sort function, I also want to be able to filter the enrollment list based on term, enrollment status, delivery format, subaccount, etc. Here are some use cases:

• An instructor asks for a sandbox shell. I want to easily see how many sandboxes the user already has.
  • A student contacts our help support (in house) and needs help with a current course. I want to easily see all the courses in which the student is enrolled for the current term and just at my college. (We have multiple colleges in one Canvas instance and the student is enrolled in multiple colleges.)
  • The person that oversees the tutoring center needs a list of all the courses a specific student-worker has access to (in a TA role type).

I’m interested in hearing what other Canvas admins have to say.