reaction icons in discussions

Jump to solution
klatour
Community Member

I think it would make my grading faster, and make student interaction more engaging, if in discussions there were the kind of clickable reactions that there is in texting. A thumbs up, an exclamation point, a laughing face, etc. that could allow students a quick response to someone, or for me to respond quickly. This wouldn't take the place of grading a discussion, nor would it "count" as a response to a fellow student's post. But it might encourage students to do more than just respond to two peers are they are required to do. A quick thumbs up, or a laughing emoji, might allow students a little more engagement with other rather than always typing responses. I asked my colleagues, and they pooh-poohed it. Students might abuse it... It might lead to misunderstandings... What do you think? 

Labels (4)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @klatour ...

This might be something you would want to consider as a Feature Idea submission here in the Community.  To submit a Feature Idea, click on the PRODUCT menu at the top of any page here in the Community, and then select IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  From there, you'll see a red "Suggest an Idea" button as well as documents to the right of it that tell you more about the Feature Idea process.  I hope this will help a bit...take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes