Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to use both a rating scale rubric and free-form comments that save (much like the saved comments in the free-form rubric)? Unless I'm overlooking something, it currently seems to be one or the other. The ability to have both would be a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My course has co-teachers. If I turn off notifications, will this action affect their notifications for my course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm at a loss on how to create grade passback. I've used the Canvas Live API tool to check the course ID, Student ID and assignment ID. All seem to work fine.When I try to use Score using those ID's, I keep getting errors.I've filled in all the requi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi I submitted my assignment but couldn't get any submission confirmation email plaza help 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can you create a list of resources, including videos, elearns (scorm files) and readings for students? It would be helpful for students to see their progress of which one they have completed. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Assignment Batch Edit feature needs a major overhaul. I would like the ability to increase/decrease the due date OR the available date, why is it just both? Same for remove dates.  I would like the ability to manually enter a date that applies to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I have maybe a newbie question.  I've been using the Canvas APIs to do some data replication and ran into an issue that has me stumped.  We have one course where Assignment Groups (Weighted Grades) were specified and then later removed, howeve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In English (High School) there is sub criterias for each Criteria. Is it possible to create the sub-criteria for each criterion. E.g. Criteria 1 would have 3 sub criterias 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I keep a discussion post in rough draft while I finish it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Attendance feature is not showing in my menu. How can I make it available?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am putting together an open-access public course and am wondering if there are any ways to improve the SEO of the course's individual pages.I've look around at the course settings and for anything that can be inserted into the page's HTML, but have...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to change the ending date for multiple courses on canvas from 12/19 to 12/20. but once I change the ending date and save it, when I check the course setting it is still showing 12/19 as the ending dateSaving as:Course settings are showing:

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I don't have access to blueprints. What should I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have course content on a large number of Power Point slides to accompany class time. How do I upload the Power Point presentation onto Canvas so it is also available to students? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I assign partial points to an essay or file upload in the new Quizzes? When I try to do so (enter a point value, say, 29 of 30 possible pints) and click the check button, Canvas changes the score to the total possible points (30). How do I pre...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This morning, my entire team noticed that pasting anything from a Word doc -- even a newly opened one -- is causing a few odd things to happen to the code in the RCE and the look of the object itself. A 600-700 line of code is appearing in the HTML e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have recently finished a course with lots of material posted on Canvass, primarily from YouTube. I am now about to repeat the course. Is there an easy way to just transfer the You Tube and website material from the old course to the new ? Or do I h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Once we have started a Canvas Assignment using the external tool feature with Google Docs, is it possible to change the template before students go into the assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have some teachers trying to import quizzes from one course to another. After the initial import, they removed a subset of questions, changed the title/due date, etc, and then gave the quiz. Later, they wanted to import the same assignment to give ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Unable to find recent documentation on how a professors can download student scores from a rubric for an assignment.  The goal is to see all the scores for individual rubric criteria for analysis.  Thank you

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear Supporting Team,My name is Khiem. Im a developer that want to use and apply Canvas to my company. We're using custom domain. However, when I open my domain to login via Webview on IOS, I got a blank page so I can't access to Canvas.I need your h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I attempted to create new questions for the quiz on canvas. The error message came up, "Question text is too long, max length 16384 characters. I do not have that much and a question only contains 14 words. The quiz is supposed the last quiz in 12 se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Up until today, I have been able to copy a table on my homepage and paste another one on my homepage.  Each day's agenda has its own table.  All I would do is select the table by highlighting it, and move my cursor where I want the table and paste.  ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Yesterday our teachers began to notice a change with their Canvas gradebook.Under the "Actions" menu, teachers have always had a "Sync to SIS" option.Suddenly there is also a "Sync to InfiniteCampus" option for several (but not all) courses.  Our tea...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I tried the bagdr API (https://api.badgr.io/docs/v2/) by connecting to the US server. Everything works fine. I then wanted to connect to the EU server. The documentation says that you have to change the {BADGR_DOMAIN}. So I tried with api.badgr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I access my digital textbooks?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening, I am having trouble logging into my computer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student enrolled in the Medical & Billing Coding, and I was wondering where or who can give me my Access Code Course Key? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Somehow quizzes and modules are hidden. course is published but student cannot see quiz and module options. How to 'un-hide' both? thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas was literally working fine 2 hours ago. I'm a student and I have papers to submit but it is kind of impossible to submit with no buttons. The canvas page is just totally blank. I went through the whole troubleshooting process: tried the differ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies