Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Does Canvas notify users when their account is created?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Theres a red number next to my grades section in my classes. I've viewed my grades but it won't disappear.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My scheduled lecture was deleted how can i revert back?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I was wondering if it's possible to remove this menu on the right-hand side of course home pages (see image attached). We don't need it as we're not using this as an actual course, but rather as a 'community' of modules that students can dip in an...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, am new to the community. please help. I have Attached 4  screenshots. The first 2 from ePub and the last two are from my course module and relevant pages. Can you please let me know how to resolve this issue?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am on a desktop computer and have tried using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox. All the videos in all my courses are now showing this message: "Unauthorized" This video cannot be played on this domainPlease see attached photo. I find it u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings everyone!I have several quizzes where I have grouped questions according to a learning outcome and I the group is named that learning outcome. For example, let’s say I have 20 questions, 5 LOs and 4 questions per LO. So I create 5 groups an...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,I'm currently having trouble getting the "contentEditable" attribute to work properly in the HTML viewer/editor in Canvas. Specifically, I'm trying to create a table with one column for logical fallacies and another column for definiti...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community, We are currently looking into purchasing a SIS Converison with the Canvas team to make our SIS - BlackBaud(BBK12) talk to Canvas & allow features like grade passback. We did talk to the Canvas team & they did not have much clarit...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just switched to using safari, and I read that you need to disable cross-site tracking so I did that and it fixed a few problems, but I still have a few and am wondering if anybody knows how to fix them. The problems that I have are that whenever I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone ever fixed the problem with missing work?  "Late" and "Excused" transfer to PowerSchool during the sync, but "Missing" does not.  There have been several people who have asked about this (going back to 2017) and it doesn't seem to have bee...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,We would like to add various college events and academic deadlines (add, drop dates, final exam dates, etc.) to the general Canvas calendar so that those would be visible to all students. Could you please direct me to documentation on how to c...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy!I was just wondering if anyone knows of, or has hit, a limitation with respect to how many courses can be created and associated to a single Blueprint? I'm not chasing an exact number – though if you have an exact number, I wouldn't turn away –...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What are the three URLs required when obtaining developer keys to integrate LTI 1.3 in an external application and how do we determine what values to provide for each URL?The urls are: Redirect URIs, Target Link URI, OpenID Connect Initiation UrlHere...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Based on the student instructions here {How do I submit a peer review to an assignment} students should be able to leave annotated feedback in the DocViewer but this function is missing. I've logged in as an external user (like a student) and have co...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know how to add outcomes to a rubric without adding the points from outcome to the rubric?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I purchased the online version of my course textbook. I am not locating the course key code to register with for my class. I have reached out to my professor and online support but still have not found anyone who is able to help me with this. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have peer reviews set up for assignments in Canvas, but the people trying to complete them are unable to access them. They can see the peer review shown in their To Do List, but when they click on it, they receive an Access Denied screen. I am not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On a course's People tab there is a column for Total Activity which is time spent in that course for that user. Since that data is clearly tracked by course and user, is there a report that will output that data? Is this something that has to be acce...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can students view their badges in attendance?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been building a course for several weeks. Just before spring break, the course title was different and there was no content in that course. Where did my course go? It is not visible in published/unpublished/archived. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I want to copy my video lectures from a past course from 2020/21 to present same course in 2022/23.These are in ReCap folder, and I want to allow students to watch only.I did manage to copy last year in 2021/22 but I did my best with my one Canvas...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using Microsoft authentication in my self-hosted installation, and it is working. Now, I am trying to connect teams with myself hosted canvas.I found some documentation and YouTube videos, and some articles.https://www.instructure.com/canvas/res...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I changed a few quizzes in my course to pull the questions from a bank instead of using the questions in the quiz itself. Now the scores for some of the quizzes are hidden under some kind rectangle icon in the gradebook. (see attached screencap under...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am new to Canvas and wanted to learn how to create flip cards in canvas. Any help would be appreciated.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a student using Canvas. Two days ago, I had a text entry draft saved with over 900 words. I reloaded the page frequently to ensure the draft was saved. When I accessed the assignment today, the draft was not present. The work assigned by my teac...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I work in a K-12 school where we have staff that work across multiple faculties and campuses. Each campus has its own Dashboard view e.g. Junior School (K-6) users use Elementary, Senior School Users use Card View and we have Staff Professional Le...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,We are planning to use Outcomes in Canvas at our University. We also use Nuventive for assessment and accreditation. I am wondering if Nuventive can be integrated into Canvas. Does any else have experience with integrating these two platforms?T...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a student reset their Canvas login username like they can with their password?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies