How do you — How do I — in the Instructure Community? Known Issues

01_2022_Zcommunity-event.png
Published on ‎01-20-2022 01:09 PM by Community Team | Updated on ‎02-16-2022 01:27 PM

During this event, the Community Team will share some tips about the Known Issues and help you better navigate the space.

We will do our best to address these questions: 

• How are bugs submitted?
  • How does a bug get on the Known Issues List?
  • How do I search and sort Known Issues?
  • How often is the Known Issues list updated?

Featured Guests
Community Team
Community Team

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Wed, Mar 2, 2022 01:00 PM MST
End:
Wed, Mar 2, 2022 01:30 PM MST
Labels (1)
5 Comments
jjohnston01
Community Explorer

I missed this one, is it archived so I can watch it now?

KristinL
Community Team

Hi @jjohnston01 - 

While it was not recorded, I can share some of the highlights!

One of my teammates looks through open cases and tickets created by our engineers. They do this daily and then transfer the information to Known Spaces. This helps Community members keep track of issues that have been identified as a "bug". Each page has details that explain what's not working quite right and the steps used to recreate the issue. As fixes are implemented, [Open] cases are updated and marked in a way that makes it clear that the Known Issue is resolved.

Known Issues can be found by clicking Roadmap, moving to Release Information, and then clicking Known Issues. Here, all Known Issues are documented. Along the right-hand side, there are filtering options. These are really helpful for limiting what appears in the list in the middle of the screen.

If you believe you've found a bug that isn't included in the Known Issues list, please create a case with Support. They'll be able to better identify what's going on. Additionally, if something requires a fix, you'll automatically receive updates as the ticket moves through engineering and into the Canvas production environments!

If you have more questions, let us know! The Community Team would be happy to share resources or help you find what you need in the Community.

jjohnston01
Community Explorer

The one I was hoping for info on was a bug with Chrome and Learning Mastery displaying blank.  In a ticket the tech quoted a March 16th date for the fix being pushed out.  

swynn
Community Team

Hi @jjohnston01,

What question, in particular, did you have about this? I was able to go in and see it has been release for production. And I have updated our known issues page to now display the date as being the 16th.

samparker
Community Member

Hi, thanks KristinL for sharing the highlights, I missed the session but your post made it easy.