cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYERSJK
Community Member

Canvas LMS Templates - Don't Recreate the Wheel

This session will embark upon a journey to get courses designed using instructional design principles without having to be an instructional design expert. Take a detailed look at setting up a course using templates designed by the Clark County School District and shared with the Canvas community.

Presenter: JODY MYERS​ - Nevada Learning Academy / Clark County School District

Location Map & Room: BISON 1-2

Login to "Add a comment" below!

8 Replies
S9300807
Community Contributor

​Can you please add the link to the presentation?

agilbert
Community Participant

Wow, that was SRO 15 minutes before the presentation started. I was disappointed to miss it. Looking forward to the recording!

If this topic is offered for Instcon2016, perhaps consider a larger room? Templates are clearly a hot topic.

Thanks!

coulter_m
Community Participant

Are the resources available for this topic?  I can not seem to find them.  I really want to share the information!

Thanks,

Melissa

MYERSJK
Community Member

Thank you to all that attended my session at InstructureCon. I've attached a copy of the templates I presented to this event. There are two templates in the folder: one for elementary and one for secondary.

You can also view the slides from my presentation at Canvas LMS Templates - Don't Recreate the Wheel - Google Slides

coulter_m
Community Participant

Thank you Jody. 

Please pardon the question, that I feel may be quite ignorant.... I am unfamiliar with the file format (we haven't actually started using Canvas, just preparing).  What do I do with the .imscc files?

Thanks again,

Melissa

MYERSJK
Community Member

The .imscc file is a Canvas Export file. You won't be able to directly open the file. In order to view the content, you will need to import the file into a course in Canvas. You can check out this Canvas guide for instructions on importing the file into a Canvas course. How do I import a Canvas course export package?

Congratulations on becoming a part of the Canvas Community!

Jody

coulter_m
Community Participant

Great Thank you!  ~MC

CommunityTeam
Community Participant

The session video is now available at: