cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstepl
Community Member

From Blah to Aha! Canvas Headers with Impact

Design is an important part of how the world communicates. Learn basic art principles and graphic design techniques to set the right tone for your courses. Leave with skills that will help your designs form a connection with viewers, using tools you may already have!

Did you miss this session? Would you like to share this information with others? Download a copy of today's presentation below!

You can even view Bonus Content on my website!

Presenter: Jenn Steplowski​ - School of the Art Institute of Chicago

Location Map & Room: ARCHES A-B

Login to "Add a comment" below!

9 Replies
coulter_m
Community Member

Thank you Thank you Thank you!  I look forward to utilizing your concepts!

MC

jstepl
Community Member

Anytime  @coulter_m ​! I appreciate your kind words and am glad you were able to make it. Please let me know what question you have, it was hard to squeeze everything into a short session!

awebster
Community Member

One of the best sessions I attended! Thank you!

RebeccaMoulder
Adventurer

@jstepl , do you have detailed instructions on how to link a photo icon to modules like you showed in the session? It looked great and I'm sure a lot of people would love to imitate it!

jstepl
Community Member

Of course  @RebeccaMoulder ​, my apologies! I'm still catching up back in the office Smiley Happy

If you would like to link uploaded images to another part of your course, it works just like hyperlinking text! I'm including a link to that Canvas Guide here:

How do I insert links to course content into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector?

You can also follow my steps here:

Once you've inserted your custom image using the Rich Content Editor, highlight it (it will turn light blue) and click:

1. The link icon Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 3.56.35 PM.png to link to an external site via its URL.
  2. Or select an option from your Content Selector on the right.
  • Links for previously created pages in your course.
  • Files or Images (self explanatory).

Here is a screenshot of my inserted image, highlighted and where to look for your created course pages (remember, they'll only appear here if they're published).

FromBlahtoAha_Tut.jpg

This would be a great way to direct modules. Link to the first content page within each module or topic area (notice how in the example I linked to "Lesson 1") and you can help direct students in a visually-appealing and friendly way!

Please let me know if you have additional questions!
-Jenn

James_Kocher_UF
Learner II

Sorry I missed this one!  Not sure why I did because I had it on my calendar.   Looking forward to the recording!

RebeccaMoulder
Adventurer

Great, thank you!

CommunityTeam
Explorer III

The session video is now available at:

kschneider25
Adventurer

I loved this session!!  I learned so much.