cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer III

I hear you host Canvas on Amazon Web Services. What has been your experience with AWS?

I hear you host Canvas on Amazon Web Services. What has been your experience with AWS?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi, thanks for asking.

Launching the bitnami instance on AWS was a breeze. but I have hit a blocker with the SMTP settings.

I have been playing around with the outgoing_mail.yml config file but this has so far yielded no results (emails not being sent from within canvas) with either GSuite, Sendgrid or AWS SES.

I have tried various suggestions in the 'production' section and to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Sorry I'm new here so not sure this is the best place to ask this.

production:
address: "smtp.gmail.com"
enable_starttls_auto: true
port: "587"
user_name: "lms@demosite.com"
password: "*********"
authentication: "login" # plain, login, or cram_md5
domain: "gmail.com"
outgoing_address: "lms@demosite.com"
default_name: "Instructure Canvas"‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, hello@nagaed.com Welcome to the Canvas Community! The discussion under which you've posted was part of a presentation at InstructureCon 2017. Are you looking for assistance with a self-hosted Canvas instance? If so, please re-post your question to the Canvas Developers‌ group where it will gain the attention of your peers. You might need to join the group first; to do that, navigate to the group home page and select Join Group from the Actions dropdown at the upper right of the page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I solved it with Sendgrid. Gmail was not setup correctly/blocking traffic and so I decided to switch to Sendgrid.

0 Kudos