All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2018. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Attached is the keynote I delivered at the Unconference on Friday at InstructureCairn 2018, for those who requested it.Also includes a shameless plug to Join the Instructure UX Research Pool!

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For reference, here's the link to the videos of sessions. I just spent a long time trying to find this in my inbox. http://info.instructure.com/s0kn0H60dVWV0B0rsh10S0J  

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2018
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Peter Quaeck | Instructure   We live in the Digital Age where video permeates our lives. It entertains us, we communicate with it and most importantly we LEARN with it! And while video is a critical part of any curriculum, the question often becomes;...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Brian Hendricks   Partner - Google   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Jason Griggs, Jared Campbell, Eric Donath   Every Canvas trainer will encounter reluctant faculty members and trainees who balk at even the most well-intentioned training and outreach efforts. This presentation will offer methods for getting buy-in u...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@millerjm ‌   It's easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of data in Canvas Data—especially requests! Learn how you can efficiently clean and use the data in Canvas Data to build a database and determine student activity and grades from just a few ta...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Jeanne Samuel, Amanda Rosenzweig   Designing courses for large groups of students classified as traditional or non-traditional is no longer relevant. Learn how using micro-credentials and MasteryPaths in your course design supports flexible, relevant...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Victoria Maloy   Peer review is a valuable educational technique that is enhanced by the use of technology to distribute works from creators and collect feedback from reviewers. Using Canvas as a starting point, discover three tools, all similar yet ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Molly Tomlinson   When selecting an LMS to replace Moodle at Berklee Online, where we had customized ourselves out of an upgrade path, we appeared to have two choices: sacrifice the flexibility our instructors expect, or the sacrifice the security, m...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Nino Bice | Partner - AWS   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Damian Noud   E-learning involves more than just taking classroom resources and making them available online. Engagement is the key to successful knowledge transfer and Canvas can be the conduit to some spectacular learning. This workshop demonstrate...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Julie Gregg, Melissa Diers   Discuss how the College of Dentistry at UNMC went from paper-based competencies to using Canvas and Office 365 LTI to track and complete competencies in a clinical environment. What we did, our pilot, and rollout. (view i...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Peter Hanley   LTI can be frustrating to get started with, but like anything else it's much easier if you begin with the right tools. Come learn about the software ecosystem that will help transform an idea into a working external tool. Sample code p...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Michelle Tuten, Jacob Bates, Karen Tinsley-Kim   We will co-present on the community contributions to UCF's UDOIT open source, accessibility self-auditing tool for Canvas. Karen and Jacob will provide a brief history of the UDOIT tool, and Michelle w...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Brian Hauber | Instructure   Introducing the Bridge LMS, from the creators of Canvas. Bridge is a training platform designed for HR, Compliance, Safety, IT Security, ILT tracking and much more. It's like Canvas, only younger, hipper, and for employee...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Simon Williams | Instructure   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Christi Wruck   Have you ever wondered how to get more things on your Student's To Do Lists? This session introduces a new dashboard option for students that acts as a virtual planner. The new student dashboard view provides a cross-course list of ev...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@mhintze ‌   Instructure   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Pam Buffington, Christy Hayes   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Nick Laboda, Jacqueline Crouch   Partner - Respondus   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@dlyons ‌ One of the qualities of a great course is that it’s filled with lots of feedback, peer review, and opportunities for reflection. Come learn and share how we can all install more mirrors in our courses.   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@tracy_stuntz ‌   Clovis Community College distance education courses have seen an increase of over 10% in student success rates over the last five years. This session will include interviews with faculty about what they did differently and best pra...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Steve Arntz, Katie Bradford, Melissa Loble | Instructure   Organizations across industries are building success through engaging in open discussions around gender intelligence, diversity, and culture within the workplace. Join us for a facilitated ex...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Matt Harris   The Canvas Data Portal + Tableau (and help from IT) provides real-time (nearly) access to heat maps of user activity and navigational patterns over time, time spent completing assignments, and MUCH more to understand and improve the lea...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Masha Chase | Instructure   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Timberley Barber-Marini, Pilar Abuin   Yale leverages three Canvas instances to organize courses by 1. Official academic courses (credit-bearing courses for matriculated students), 2. Certificate and non-credit programs. and 3. Project-related sites ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Michelle Pacansky-Brock   Step right up, folks! Learn how we are using Zoom, YouTube, and a blog to support Canvas users and spread innovation across our vast kingdom of 90,000 faculty/staff in the California Community Colleges!   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Heather Sade, Amanda Cole   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ian Haugh - eXplorance - Partner   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Morag Charlton - ModoLabs - Partner Ryan Seilhamer - UCF   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies