Can admin manage Observer accounts? How?

Jump to solution
cgiraud
Community Novice

I have a parent who is trying to create an Observer account, but she is getting the message that her email is already in use.

How do I help her?

When I search for her email in Users, it doesn't show up. This seems like the wrong way to get at this. There must be a way for me to see who is linked to my students or somehow access emails linked to accounts in my instance. Seems like this should be an easy fix, but I don't know how.

Also would love to be able to see Observer analytics. Who's being observed, how much, etc? Would also like to be able to control (to some degree) a parent's access if issues of abuse or legal protection concerns arise.

1 Solution
clong
Community Champion

Hi cgiraud

If you are an account admin you should indeed be able to search for a user by name or email. My guess in this case is that the user account with that email was deleted, however it's still in the Canvas database, because hardly a thing really gets deleted in Canvas. The solution for this would be to click on the Help menu and "Report the Problem". The Canvas Support team can resolve this.

View solution in original post