Canvas and Standards-based grading

Jump to solution
meganknight
Community Novice

Does anyone currently use Canvas and Power School in a standards-based grading system?  Since Canvas will onlly "send" grades to Power School in the form of percentages and numbers (and we need them in words such as "meeting" or "progressing"), our current plan is to enter individual assignments/quizzes into Canvas and then manually enter a final score in Power School at the end of each semester.  Does anyone have a system in place that works, or any advice on how Canvas works best with standards-based grading?

1 Solution
clong
Community Champion

Hi Megan,

I know it's been a while and you may have already worked out a solution for this, but the PowerSchool + Canvas using community has been growing in both size and savviness. Unfortunately, we don't use PowerSchool, but I think I can point you to some great resources that I'm sure will help you with this pursuit.

I discovered that a couple of months ago a special PowerSchool Grade Pass Back group was created for users so they can ask all GPB related questions and view the latest updates! Feel free to join the group here: http://gpb.canvaslms.com/

According to Deactivated user​ here's four reasons you'll want to be a part of this group:

1. It's your one stop shop for all things Grade Pass Back!
  2. The discussion boards will help you find answers, and connect with other admins!
  3. We will post weekly release notes and GPB updates!
  4. There will be monthly promotions for free SWAG! - Yes you read that right! 😉

Lastly I wanted to make sure you know about the following resource pages, should you need to find other PowerSchool Related info:

Instructor Help: Using PowerSchool in Canvas

How do I publish grades to PowerSchool?

FAQ: Canvas and PowerSchool

Weighting grades & uploading grades to powerschool

Assignment Groups and PowerSchool Categories 

Hope this lands you on the right path Smiley Happy

View solution in original post