Getting Teachers On Board and Using Canvas (Really)
So, I know there have been posts about this, but I am looking to you all to be honest about what is and is not working for you right now. Here is what is going on with my district:
- One shining elementary course in a dual-language class being used thoughtfully and regularly.
- Professional development courses
- Testing and Accountability courses provide consistency of content and delivery across the district
- Pockets of great use in 6-12
- Overall still at a small % of active and regular users
- Pockets of use, not ubiquitous
- Very little interest in moving over from old platforms (Google Classroom, Edmodo)
- Not a requirement
- Professional Development--some courses need to be thoughtfully redesigned
- Course overload? Teachers feel like Canvas is just for PD and testing?? Maybe?
- Only 2 people at the district level for support
- Time--no required face to face time to work with users
So that is the good and the bad. I am feeling a touch less optimistic because we are at the mid point of year 2 and I am seeing stagnation rather than growth. So rather than just focus on the negatives, I am hoping to hear from you all about what has really really worked when it comes to getting teachers on board and using Canvas both thoughtfully and regularly with their learners. I look forward to this discussion!