Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msanders
Community Contributor

Remove "Report a Problem" from Help Menu?

We are a K-12 school and were told today that any Canvas support tickets opened by students are immediately assigned back to us (the School admins) because our students are minors.  We would like to remove the "Report a Problem" option from the student Help menu so their only choice is to open a support ticket in our school help system. As far as I can tell, I don't see a way to do this.  Has anyone already tackled this issue?

5 Replies
jjordan1
Community Contributor

I created one similar:  Report A Problem Options  We will have our CSM redirect to our own ticket system after our current support year expires.

msanders
Community Contributor

Interesting, thank you for the link to your post!

mcowen
Instructure
Instructure

There is some JavaScript in the community to do that. Check it out here: canvas-contrib/Branding/JavaScript/hide_report_a_problem at master · kajigga/canvas-contrib · GitHub

joseph_allen
Community Champion

We removed it through custom java script as well.  A bunch of students still seem to get through to Canvas support somehow, and usually on their mobile devices.  Anyone can send an email to support@instructure.com and that will end up in your queue.  So removing the options stops a lot of email, but not all of it.

S9300807
Community Contributor

We allow our students to submit a ticket through Report a Problem as our students are not allowed to create a helpdesk ticket in our K-12 District helpdesk.  Our helpdesk field admins handle most of theses but a few are escalated to Canvas.  It's super helpful to have the page view from where they created the ticket. But yes, you can re-routed all tickets to your internal system.