How do I move a tracker from one Canvas course to another?
If your institution uses Canvas LMS, you can move a mastery tracker from a past course to a new course. Once connected, the migrated mastery tracker will display in the new Canvas course and the tracker will no longer be linked to the original course. Active Canvas assignments from the previous course that were linked to the tracker will remain in the original Canvas course assignment list, but will not be available to administer, and grade passback will no longer be available.
- Scored Mastery Connect assessments in an existing tracker are not automatically imported into the Canvas course.
- To link a mastery tracker to a Canvas course, your Instructure Customer Success Manager (CSM) must first set up an LTI connection between your instances of Canvas and Mastery Connect. If you do not see the Mastery Tracker link in your Canvas Course Navigation, contact your CSM.
- To link to an existing tracker from Canvas, your Canvas and Mastery Connect accounts must be synced via a Student Information System (SIS)
- To link correctly to a Canvas course, the existing tracker must be assigned to a classroom section in Mastery Connect.
- If you edit your Mastery Tracker or your current Canvas course, the tracker and course will automatically sync overnight. If the tracker and course need to sync immediately, you can sync them manually.
Open New Canvas Course
Log in to your Canvas account.
To log into your Mastery Connect account from Canvas, in the Global Navigation menu click the Mastery link .
To enter your course, in the Global Navigation menu click the Courses link . Then, click the course name .
Note: If the course is not listed, click the All Courses link .
Link Mastery Tracker
To select an existing tracker to link to your course, in the Available Trackers drop-down menu, click the tracker name .
To import unscored assessments with the tracker, select the Import unscored assessments checkbox .
To link the tracker to your course, click the Link button .
- Once this connection is made, the tracker will no longer be linked to the original course.
- After unlinking a tracker from the original course, the Canvas assignments list in the original course still displays previously linked Mastery Connect tracker assessments. However, those assessments cannot be administered in the original course after the tracker is unlinked.
- Grade passback will not be available for the assignments that were linked to the tracker in the original course.
View Mastery Tracker in Canvas
The migrated mastery tracker displays in the new Canvas course.
You can create and add new assessments to your mastery tracker to populate in the assignment list for the new course.